So your business has an all-singing, all-dancing site to flaunt. Right! In this way, now you can sit back and observe new clients surf to your front door. Wrong! To enable you to maximise the full potential of your site, you do need a web hosting server or it just won’t work. This is the place where it can get a bit tricky because selecting the right web host for your business is a significant decision to take.
The basic decisions available at the moment are
- Shared hosting – Where many sites are hosted on a single server and all share a similar bandwidth, space, database, and so on.
- Virtual Private Server(VPS) – Where the assets are split between different sites or hosting accounts. This would usually be satisfactory for the less complex kinds of sites that don’t receive motorway volumes of traffic. So it’s still partially shared hosting however with more control.
- Dedicated Hosting(DH) – For the people who need exceptional hosting and broad customisation options. As this sort of server is exclusively dedicated to your personal use it gives you full rights to all of the machine’s resources and empowers you to design your hosting circumstance as per your need and desire. DH makes sense if you are dealing with high traffic volume (over 500,000 visitors per month)and can maintain enough competent specialized staff to manage and optimise your server.
Benefits of shared hosting…
- Shared hosting(SH) is less expensive than DH or VPS, allowing sites for personal blogging and small businesses to afford it.
- Administration and maintenance are the responsibility of the hosting provider, blocking your requirement for technological know-how.
… and the main disadvantages
- SH is particularly vulnerable to hacking assaults and, if one server suffers, all suffer, influencing the entire network of sites sharing that platform.
- The server might be swamped, leading to overload, forcing it to stop or make your site run sluggishly.
As DH is the most expensive, secure (and best) option, you might start with shared hosting, then upgrade to VPS until your company is generating sufficient revenue to justify DH.
For more information, get in touch with the Kuroit team today.